Work at FXVille
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
Real-Time Visual Effects artists are notoriously rare. Part of what makes FXVille unique is the sheer number of VFX artists you'll get to work alongside. We share a wealth of knowledge and are always striving to learn and develop cutting-edge techniques.
Talented individuals come to us with a range of backgrounds from fine art, animation, and film to tech art, computer science, and design.
FXVille is always on the look-out for passionate and hard-working people to help us set things on fire.
A little more info . . .
VFX Artist (All Levels)
We are looking for a visual effects artist to join our team for a number of upcoming projects. We work with a broad range of tools and engines, in any number of art styles, across any game genre you can think of.
- Creating textures, materials, shaders, and 3D assets for in-game use, and animating particle systems in-engine
- Interfacing with clients to see VFX tasks through from first pass to polish
- Due diligence and quality assurance, making sure effects are performant and bug-free
- Connecting disciplines to meet engineering limitations, transcend art expectations, and serve design innovations
- Raising the quality bar for the game at large
- Understanding of basic particle system components (be it in Unreal's Cascade, Unity's Shuriken, and/or any number of other particle animators out there!)
- Familiarity with game engines like Unreal, Unity, or other proprietary engine
- Excellent communications skills and a positive attitude
- Strong Photoshop skills
- Experience in a 3D package like Maya or 3DS Max
- VFX demo reel, Tech art demo reel, or art portfolio showcasing your work
If you love problem solving, wearing many hats, and explosions, send us your resume, cover letter, and demo reel.
We look forward to hearing from you!